WELCOME TO MY SITE
I’m Shelley Bertram Fallis, Life Insurance Broker and Financial Advisor – ‘Proudly Serving Clients Since 2001’
Have a look around the site…There’s lots of product information for consumers relating to insurance & financial products. Also check out my Blog page and feel free to comment on the articles. I also post articles of interest in a quarterly E-Newsletter – click here to sign up.
Bertram Insurance & Financial Services is a company founded on pride and trust. I pride myself in associating with companies that provide quality products, service and support. A client’s trust is paramount to me and it is my mission to work hard on your behalf, to build a rapport, provide choices, and help you as a consumer to understand the products you are purchasing. After the sale, you can depend on me to continue to provide you with the level of support that you expect and deserve.
Back in 2001, I had the privilege of being introduced to Mr. William Tansey of Tansey Insurance Services Ltd., a Managing General Agent (MGA) in British Columbia who, at that time, was looking for agents in Ontario to promote his NW Legacy Plan. Through this association with Mr. Tansey I was able to grow a substantial book of business for myself selling no-medical life insurance plans along with traditional insurance products. In 2004 I started my own business as an Independent Broker called Bertram Insurance & Financial Services.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: I am continually updating and changing with the insurance and financial industries. I continue to educate myself with webinars, courses, financial summits and through the continual flow of media through emails, newspapers, television and social media. When I’m educated and up to date, you as a consumer benefit from my knowledge.
I subscribe to the most current software version of LifeGuide that compares similar plans and prices of all the major carriers so that I can narrow down the best product at the right price, for you the consumer.
EXTRA COURSES: LogiQ3 Underwriting Courses; Financial & Retirement Planning, Estate Planning & Probate, Small Business/Corporate Insurance, Investment Funds Institute of Canada – Mutual Funds Course. I also regularly attend seminars, webinars and financial summits for continued education.
I stay current and am compliant with the FINTRAC requirements for the insurance & financial industry which includes a strategic plan for handling and implementing regulations surrounding suspicious transactions around money laundering and terrorist activity financing.
ASSOCIATIONS PAST & PRESENT
ADVOCIS: Peterborough Chapter
- Online forum for professional insurance agents, financial advisors, mutual fund representatives and security brokers from across Canada, to carry on non-partisan discussions amongst ourselves – of issues relating to the regulation of our professional activities, compliance, and governance issues, as well as topics of interest.
Linked in: www.linkedin.ca
- A network filled with industry experts willing to share advice.
Facebook: Bertram Insurance & Financial Services
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE
- I commit to give you a level of service that I would want and expect for myself.
- I commit to working honestly and diligently on your behalf, to provide you with products that suit your specific needs and budget.
- I commit to review your situation personally and offer you professional and practical advice for your current and long term goals.
- I commit to analyzing several plans and reviewing as many insurance companies as required to find the right coverage at the right price.
- I commit to providing you with options and explaining the products clearly so that you are fully informed and comfortable in the decision making process.
- I commit to keeping the lines of communication open with a monthly email called Bertram E-news and will always answer your calls within a reasonable amount of time so that your needs are handled efficiently and professionally.
- I commit to taking care of my client’s security and peace of mind for the long term.
2015-present: Veterans Service Officer, Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 77 Lakefield, Ontario
2015-present: Buckhorn Remembrance Day Committee
2016 – 2019: Buckhorn Cenotaph Committee
2004-present: Security Committee Chairperson at Buckhorn Festival of the Arts